A lot of my art spills out of me. There is not an option.
I must create it.
If I don’t, my soul pokes at me continuously until it I do.
I first realized I was supposed to be an artist when I was
about seven years old.
My art teacher said to me
“WOW! That is a great tree! No one else made a tree that good!”
Sometimes I am not ready to create a particular thing for a multitude of reasons.
Due to the fact that I have things on a calendar,
I simply must do it, so,
sometimes the birth of a creation is very difficult.
It actually hurts physically, mentally, and spiritually.
I want people to look at my creations and go away feeling better about themselves,
the people around them, and the world.
I want them to feel encouraged, evolved, and empowered.
Some Artists who have influenced me…
– Leonardo Da Vinci because he was interested in so MANY things, not just creating art.
– Michelangelo because he was a great all-around artist and business man.
– Monet because when I look at his paintings, I feel more peaceful.
– Ron Mueck because his sculptures are so full of life.
– Alex Grey because his work has so much depth and light.
– Francisco Montes Shuña, a visionary painter who I studied with in Peru.
You can clearly see his rich relationship with the world around him when you look at this paintings.
My influences include:
– Chinese art: water-ink paintings and history.
– Japanese art: Netsuke and folk tales.
– Animation art: Older Walt Disney movies and Warner Brothers. PIXAR (all movies).
– African Art: Cloth, folk tales, and sculpture.
– Body art, costume, and jewelry from around the world – especially indigenous.
– Ancient art and folk tales of South America (especially of the Amazon) and Mexico.
– Egyptian art and history.
– Native American art and stories.
– Greek sculpture and myths.
– Ancient Babylonian art and history.
– The European Renaissance.
Art is in my DNA.
I will always do it for myself, the world, and you.